Kaplan Grad Back to School Gift Card Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: One Kaplan Grad Back to School gift card ("Giveaway") is sponsored by Kaplan, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The entry period for the Giveaway begins on March 11, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends at 11:59:59PM ET on 04/17/2020 (the "Promotion Period").
EACH ENTRANT HEREBY REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT SUCH ENTRANT IS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND THAT SUCH ENTRANT HAS READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND IS FAMILIAR WITH AND AGREES TO ITS CONTENTS . IF ENTRANT IS NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND DOES NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION.
2.ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the Promotion Period. Employees, officers and directors of Kaplan, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), and Sponsor's parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies (all of such entities (including, but not limited to, the Sponsor) are collectively referred to herein as the, "Promotion Parties"), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3: HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Giveaway, you must complete an online entry form available at www.kaptest.com/question/campus by 11:59:59 PM ET of 04/17/2020 during the Promotion Period. A complete Giveaway Entry consists of First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Anticipated Test Date. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Promotion for any reason.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winners will receive Prize notification and prize claim information via email within seventy-two (72) hours after the Drawing Date, or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant's contact information as submitted on the Giveaway Entry. . Winners will have seven (7) calendar days from receipt of winning notification to confirm that the notification has been received and receive his/her Prize. Each potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that Prize and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining entries.
5. PRIZE: Winner will receive one (1) Amazon gift card, value $300
6. ODDS OF WINNING: A total of one entry will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period in an electronic, randomized drawing to be held on 04/20/2020 The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor using RandomPicker, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winner's verification of eligibility (if requested by Sponsor), and compliance with these Official Rules and final approval by Sponsor. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of Prize, transfer or assignment of Prize is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a Prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All Prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a Prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers' terms therefore, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. An unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on a Prize and any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form will be issued where required. Notwithstanding anything herein, a potential Prize winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release form within five (5) calendar days of attempted delivery of same. Non-compliance within this time period or return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification. All federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited or restricted by law and notwithstanding the fact that the winner may be required to sign a separate Publicity Release, winner's acceptance of Prize constitutes winner's agreement and consent for Sponsor to use and/or publish the winner's full name, city and state of residence, Promotion entry, and/or statements made by winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor, winner's voice, photographs and other likeness, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review or approval.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants who do not follow all of the instructions or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Online entries will be considered to be entered by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules.
11. RELEASE. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARY AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES AS WELL AS THE SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES OF EACH AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS AND REPRESENTATIVE OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES), OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEATH), AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; A BREACH OR ALLEGATION WHICH IF TRUE WOULD CONSTITUTE A BREACH OF ANY OF ENTRANT'S AND/OR WINNER'S REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR OBLIGATIONS HEREIN; OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZE(S), OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNER WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion and award the Prize for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination or modification, as applicable, using the judging procedure outlined above and (ii) in a random drawing if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, mobile equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for computer, mobile, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. The Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor's sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant, winner or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. WINNER LIST: Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules. To receive the winner list for this Promotion, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: ATTN: Kaplan Grad Back to School Gift Card Giveaway, Kaplan Test Prep (Kaplan, Inc.), 750 3rd Ave, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Please reference the dates of the Promotion Period and Prize with your request. All requests must be received by May 17, 2020.
SPONSOR: Kaplan, Inc.